Welcome to Advanced Riskology, and thanks for coming over from my article at the Art of Manliness about life changing events. LIke you already know, there are two ways to deal with change in life:
- Wait for something to happen, or
- Make something happen
As a man, you also know which strategy is best. Advanced Riskology is all about becoming *more* by taking bigger risks, so I thought I’d take the chance to hand select a few of the best pieces on this site for a man who’s inspired to do big things in life.
- How to Instantly Add 8.2 Years and $133,369 to Your Life – Sometimes, a very small change can yield disproportionate results. These types of changes are usually simple, but not always easy. Here’s one idea for something you can stop doing to add an incredible amount of money and time back into your life.
- Good Advice Will Kill Your Dreams – The best ideas are always the ones that break the rules. When you ask for advice on your best ideas—even from trusted sources—what you normally end up with is disappointment. What if, instead, you asked yourself for advice?
- How to Write Your Biography 40 Years Early – I have a tendency to obsess over plans, and when I do something I like to know where I’m headed. In this massive piece, I outline exactly how I think about my life and what I do to make sure I’m always working on my most important goals. As George Harrison liked to say, “If you don’t know where you’re goin’, any road’ll take you there.”
- How to Organize an International Adventure – For many men, seeing a new part of the world can be a very positive life changing event, but planning an adventure overseas can also be incredibly expensive and overwhelming. In this e-book length post, complete with table of contents, you’ll see exactly how I plan and budget my own excursions for minimal stress and expense.
- A Little Guide to Making Better Guesses – It took me a long time to realize how my decision making process was affecting my life, and just a few tweaks has made an incredible difference in how I look at risk and getting important pieces of my life right. Hopefully this article that’s been picked up by sites like Lifehacker will help you make a few important shifts even faster.
- 27 Tactics You Can Use Today to Take Better Risks – So you want to become a better risk taker, but where do you start? This piece is a crowd favorite and has 27 different things you can do right now—without waiting for anyone else—to start getting better at and more comfortable with the idea of risk taking.
- We Interrupt This Program For a Message From the Universe – Does the universe really try to send us messages and point us in a specific direction, or do we, as humans, just have an intense need to apply meaning to randomness? And if you’re trying to become a better man, how does the way you interpret these messages affect your ability to succeed?
- Happiness For Sale – We all know you can’t buy happiness, but you can definitely sell it; we do it every day. For a man trying to make big things in his life, understanding this concept—and avoiding it—can make all the difference in the world.
If you think this place is a good fit for you, we’d love to have you as a part of the community—just drop your details in the box below to receive our email updates:
Thanks for stopping by,